Entry Level: $21.27 hourly
Academy Graduate: $28.00 hourly
Lateral Transfer: $60,320 annual
Top Pay: $81,120 annual
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the functions listed below)
* $5,000 HIRING BONUS
* Opportunity to retire with 90% of top pay
* Education reimbursement
* Take-home vehicle program
* Shift differential, education, and bilingual pay incentives
Please go to apdonline.com for all pay and benefits information
• Must have a valid driver's license and obtain a New Mexico driver's (Class D) license within 30 days of your date of hire
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must pass the Police Entry-Level Written Examination and other required examinations and assessments
• No felony convictions
• No misdemeanor convictions within the last three (3) years from the date of initial testing
• No DWI convictions within the last five (5) years from the date of initial testing, whether from an administrative sanction by a Motor Vehicle Department, criminal conviction, or military disciplinary action. Multiple DWIs in the most recent ten (10) year period disqualifies an individual as an applicant. (Multiple is defined as two (2) or more DWIs). DWI arrests will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
• An applicant cannot have been convicted of a Domestic Violence Act
• No use in the last two (2) years of any illegal drug that would amount to a misdemeanor crime if found in possession (includes marijuana).
• No use in the last five (5) years of any illegal drug that would amount to a felony crime if found in possession (includes felony prescription drug use).
• Any financial accounts referred to collections, written or charged off need supporting documentation that the accounts are actively being resolved. Accounts referred to collections will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may result in disqualification.
• Any history of discipline, termination or resignation in lieu of termination is grounds for disqualification.