The Hershey Entertainment Safety & Security Department is a key asset to our sweet destination – ensuring that guests and employees are safe, secure, and free to enjoy our many entertainment offerings and events. Join our team and help us keep it sweet!
Our Safety & Security Department offers year round job opportunities working within all areas of our Hershey Entertainment at the following properties; Hersheypark and ZooAmerica. Hersheypark Stadium, Hersheypark Arena GIANT Center, Hershey Theatre, and Hersheypark Camping Resort.
As a Security Officer, you will be responsible for maintaining the safety and security of all guests, employees, and property of The Entertainment Complex & The Hersheypark Camping Resort. You will also be expected to provide our guests with exceptional customer service all while gaining knowledge specific to your job duties.
- Providing exemplary service to guests and team members.
- Perform and complete assigned tasks from management as needed.
- Complete general security tasks.
- Inspect bags to prevent the introduction of prohibited items into the venues.
- Monitor all vehicles and employees entering and exiting Hershey Entertainment properties and venues according to department and company standard, to ensure all are authorized.
- Check ID cards and control vehicle and pedestrian traffic flow.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to, use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Maintain a professional appearance that meets Hershey Entertainment and Resorts appearance standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 Years of age or older on the date of applying
- Criminal justice/safety/security-related training and experience preferred.
- Must be able to work with large crowds in a fast-paced environment
- Must be friendly, upbeat, and work well with other employees and be able to interact well with our guests.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work for your scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English.
- Must be detailed oriented and have clear written and verbal communications skills
- Must display a positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and professional image in compliance with the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts guidelines. Must have the ability to safeguard confidential information
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours may vary based upon operational needs
- Must be able to work in combination of indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking, and lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign tasks at any time
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer