Job Description - Apply at www.JoinNLVPD.com
The North Las Vegas Police Department's mission is to encourage and engage the community to work as one in order to provide a safe, secure, and enjoyable community. This is accomplished by protecting lives and property; maintaining social order by enforcing federal, state, and local laws; working in a collaborative effort with the community to identify problems; and involving the community in the search for solutions.
Our department is committed to having a positive impact in the City of North Las Vegas by reducing crime, reducing the fear of crime and enhancing the quality of life in the community.
We are currently accepting applications for Entry Level Police Officer and Lateral Police Officer positions.
- Performs professional police duties in preserving the public peace.
- Protects life and property; and prevents crime and enforces laws.
- Builds relationships with residents, businesses and stakeholders; promotes community policing.
- Patrols assigned areas; responds to radio calls and other calls for assistance.
- Protects crime scene and collects evidence and information.
- Investigates civil disorder and investigates and makes decisions at the crime scene.
- Conducts search and seizure.
- Apprehends and makes arrests; takes statements and prepares and writes reports.
- Enforces DUI/traffic laws.
- Transports persons in custody.
- Provides emergency assistance.
- Writes and reads reports and other documents.
- Appears in court to present testimony.
- May assist in training new personnel as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.