Your career starts here! DeKalb County Police Department (DKPD) is hiring officers. If you are new to law enforcement, you will be hired as a Police Recruit and attend DeKalb County’s Police Academy before becoming a DeKalb County Police Officer. Police Recruits are paid $40,868 while attending the Police Academy.
- No experience or training is required.
- At least 20 years-old at the time of application
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Veterans must have an honorable discharge
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- No felony or domestic violence convictions and cannot currently be on probation or parole.
- Paid Academy training for Police Recruit of $40,868/year
- Medical Insurance
- Pension/Deferred Compensation/401(a)
- Opportunities for promotion
- Paid holidays/Vacation/Sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 4-day work week, 10-hour shifts
- Take home vehicle
- Montgomery GI Bill Program
- Officer transfer policy allows opportunities to work positions outside of patrol in specialized units. Any one position may not include all the duties listed nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.