Incentives: Relocation, Recruitment, or Advanced -In- Hire Salary may be authorized pending availability of funds and qualification of candidates.
Area of consideration: Open to all U.S. Citizens
About the Position: This is a Public Notice for positions being filled under the Direct Hiring Authority (DHA) for Domestic Defense Industrial Base Facilities and Major Range and Test Facilities Base, NDAA 1125 (a) and (c).
- Control personnel access by monitoring the identification and authorization of individuals and vehicles entering sensitive and restricted controlled areas.
- Question suspicious persons and warn or detain violators of laws, regulations, policies, rules, or posted warnings.
- Perform motorized and foot patrols, in order to detect problem situations.
- Conduct searches of vehicles, personnel, or buildings to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Enforce security measures required to protect personnel, materials, or property.
- Provide written reports as required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the employee to meet and maintain the Personnel Reliability Program standards. You will start out in the Individual Reliability Program and you must meet and maintain eligibility for the Chemical Personnel Reliability Program.
- Must have a pre-employment and a physical examination annually, to assess continued ability for effective performance.
- Position requires Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) certification.
- Position requires Guard to input time into ATAAPS.
- Must successfully pass the Physical Agility Test (PAT) and annually thereafter. The PAT consists of 2 events: A 1.5 mile run in under 17 minutes, 30 seconds and 19 push-ups in under 2 minutes.
- Must be proficient in the use of assigned firearms/weapons, pass an initial qualification, and qualify semi-annually thereafter in the use of assigned firearms/weapons.
- This positions requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must wear prescribed uniform.
- Must wear protective/chemical mask and other protective clothing and equipment.
- Must work in all types of weather.
- Must be on call 24 hours/7 days a week.
- Must work mandatory overtime.
- Participate in special training at least 8-12 hours each month as required.
- This position requires shift work to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays, or special situations. Employee shifts are rotated on a regularly scheduled basis.
- This position is subject to the provisions of the Domestic Violence Offender Gun Ban commonly referred to as the Lautenberg Amendment.
- You must take and pass a pre-employment drug test and you will be randomly drug tested once you are on board.
Qualifications: In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes experience which includes working with a Federal, State, municipal, local, or private protective organization that involved the protection of property against such hazards as fire, theft, damage, accident or trespass and experience maintaining order.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Access Control Operations
- Incident Response
- Physical Security
- Search Techniques Security Enforcement
- Written Communication
- Paid time off
- Health insurance options
- Dental insurance options
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Various shift schedules
- Career promotion opportunities