- Responds to and initiates care for medical emergencies throughout the facility. This includes the ability to perform continuous CPR until properly relieved.
- Administers and documents medications on the Medication Administration Record.
- Performs histories and physicals on inmates.
- Assesses patient health status and refers to appropriate level of healthcare provider.
- Physically assists the Physician in patient examinations and treatments.
- Documents all nursing care provided.
- Implements and follows up on Physician/Dentist verbal and written orders.
- Teaches healthcare information to patients and correctional staff.
- Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
- Performs venipuncture and I.V. therapy.
- Collect samples, specimens and cultures per Physician orders.
- Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications.
- Delegates and supervises other team members as appropriate.
- Adheres to universal precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Ability to deal with and respond to stressful situations in a stressful environment.
- Requires regular and reliable attendance.
- Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
Application website (optional)